(I know, this post is sooo late!)
Valentines Day with the boys was great! We took them to the park and let them sit on and touch the grass for the second time in their lives! The big guy loved it and was trying to pluck it out! The little guy wasn't so excited about it. He would crawl to the end of the blanket and put one hand on the grass, then quickly pull it back and make the "yucky" face like he was eating green beans! It was the funniest thing! He would go to every end of the blanket like "damn its on all sides!"
We planned to spend as much time as the boys could tolerate there. It ended up being ALL DAY LONG! We left because WE were tired! We got there at 10:30am and left at 4:30pm. The boys had their breakfast and lunch there, along with 2 milk feedings. My wife bottlefed the lil guy while I nursed the big guy under a light blanket and they both took 2 pretty good naps. I was able to rock them while sitting on the ground (which worked my abs at the same time!) and then lay them to sleep on the blanket or just hold them in my arms. The weather was great, which is probably why they slept for so long.
They are getting so much easier to take out and we are really enjoying it so much more. It helps that they are really easy babies, so long as they are fed they are happy! They are also really easy to put to sleep. As soon as I see the sleepy signs, I start rocking and within minutes they are out!
The hardest part about outings is packing. They have so much stuff! We are currently in the market for a new vehicle, a much bigger vehicle, so hopefully that will make trips out a little less chaotic. We have a smaller SUV now, and its just not cutting it. The double stroller alone takes up most of our cargo space! I usually nurse while sitting in the back seat between the carseats and its very cramped to say the least. Soon we will be getting the bigger carseats, and while I can probably squeeze my butt back there, it won't be roomy enough to try and nurse the big guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a wonderful way to spend V-Day! And I love how different your boys' personalities are. How fun to see the differences! You're lucky to have babies who will fall asleep while out- I'm definitely jealous about that :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, love the new header picture! New wave, baby! That sounds like a truly wonderful day out. I wonder waht they'll think of sand?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day! It seems little ones that age love being outside so much. My friend's boy would sit onder a tree and watch the leaves blow all day if you'd let him.
ReplyDeleteI will be making a post sometime in the future about double strollers and I hope when I do you will chime in about your experiences. I'm having a hard time finding what I think I want.
Isn't it amazing how much 'stuff/space' you need?! Sounds like it was a great day though!! (also, for your reader, you'll need to update the feed for my blog. When I switched over to WP from Blogger, the feed changed - sorry!)
ReplyDeleteIt is a delight to read about your lives with your boys. Exhausting, yes, but oh so worth it! When my kids were little I would say "It's the toughest job I'll ever love." And yes, leaving babies to go to work is heart wrenching. Stay strong - you're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteThose are two beautiful boys you have! Wow - are they usually that happy and smiley?! Glad things are going so well for you. :)
ReplyDelete