Want to call someone and ask them to please rob you of $2400? I do! I'll even ask for their address and mail them a check... better yet, here is my credit card number so you can have it all today!
Yup $2400 is what its going to cost me to get all the data off the hard drive on my computer that decided to crash on me. Apparently there is some mechanical failure and we are lucky if they can restore 90% of our data.
All this because we didn't back up our files onto DVDs, CDs, an external hard drive, etc. Lesson learned my friends, lesson learned.
Guess who will be buying DVDs in bulk?
...Yeah, this game sucks!
All I know is this: Every last photo and video we have taken of our twin boys since the day their little arms and legs came out of me is on that hard drive, and while I'm sure there is some IT guy around the corner that could try and hack into my drive and get me those files, I'm not taking any chances of having them deleted and so we are going straight to the experts - even if it means I have to hand over my arms and legs as payment - which they are happy to take so long as its in 4 payments or less.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi! I just came across your blog and read this post, and I figured that, even though I don't know enough about your problem, I might be able to give you a recommendation... Unless it really is a problem with the Hard Drive sectors or spinning speed, you should be able to stick the Hard Drive into another computer (or laptop, as it may be) and try to recover your data. Some people charge that much because of the time it actually takes to copy and burn all the files into DVDs or CDs, so you might want to try that before you actually dish out 2400 dlls... Oh, and a backup portable Hard Drive is probably a better idea than DVDs, since they are susceptible to temperature, humidity and lots of other changes. A HDD is safer, less hassle, and in the long run, a LOT cheaper! :)
ReplyDelete